If you’ve been a runner, or want to run more or are curious about what it’s like to be a professional athlete, you’re in the right place. Today, I am thrilled to be sharing a conversation with you that I had with Kyle Merber, my running coach. I’ve started running about 3 months ago on a search for a 6 minute mile, starting from being a non-runner and it’s been amazing to see the results in that short period of time. A little bit about Kyle, who happens to live in the same town that I do, and his impressive list of accomplishments.
Kyle Merber is a professional middle-distance runner for HOKA ONE ONE. Kyle graduated from Columbia University as a 10x Ivy League champion and the American Collegiate Record holder for 1500m. He has run 3:52 for the mile and was a member of 3 world record relay teams. While originally from Long Island, Kyle now resides in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY where he spends his free-time coaching neighbors.
Topics we’re covering:
- How did Kyle started running and what kept him going.
- What gear do you need to start running
- Nutrition and how big of a role does that play in running well
- Overall advice for new runners
- How do you get to the point where you enjoy running and it becomes something I want to do
- How to manage anxiety leading up to a big event
- Vulnerability as it relates to running or in other arenas in life
- Kyle’s coaching approach and yes, he’s taking on new clients
You can find Kyle on Instagram and Twitter sharing about his latest adventures.
If you want to experience the transformation that happens during a coaching session, schedule a complimentary life design session at www.mayempson.com/contact