Welcome to episode #177 of the Own Your Best Life Podcast. I’ve been working on this behind the scenes for a while now and cannot wait to share with you that you, yes YOU – are invited to my Next 5 Years Virtual retreat. If you need a bit of time for yourself to figure out what you really want, now is the time. I’m going to share with you what happened for me when I created my 5 year plans – also what happened when I didn’t – so you can learn from my mistakes and get yourself on track quicker than I did.
I remember hearing this quote that experience is the most expensive way to learn. I love this because I know for a fact that I will fail, but I love to also learn and never give up. I’ve created a really solid mentality that I never fail in the truest sense because I will always learn.
This is why I wanted to take the time to record this podcast. To share with you what I learned about the 5 year planning process that really helped me – and also how I didn’t do it – and why that didn’t work out so well for me either.
The best time to plan is now, always. I remember that I was so busy in the doing and succeeding in high school, that I didn’t really think about what I wanted to do for college or after that. It helped me stay focused and work hard where I was, but when I started applying for colleges, I assumed that I had done enough work by just doing well where I was today. I had the SAT scores, the extracurriculars, the grades. I was expected to go to top tier colleges and schools and when I didn’t get into any of my top choices, I remember that moment of confusion and shock. What happened?
I didn’t know what I really wanted and in a world where people are competing for top spots at these top schools, I didn’t actually have what it takes to get in. We think that just doing what we’re doing well is enough when really we need to spend enough time doing what we do now, well and also an appropriate amount of time thinking about what we desire and what’s next in our lives.
I did what many of you are doing now, work so hard on the things right in front of you that I never had a moment to think about what comes after. Then 5 or 10 years goes by and you wonder, is this what I really wanted? Is this what I want next? What now?
I just had this massive realization that I took my success for granted. So from then on, I took planning a lot more seriously. I really took the time to think about what I wanted – and created a 5 year plan for myself when I applied to business school. I did that 5 year plan to a T – and I’ve reverse engineered all the things that worked so I can try to explain it as succinctly as I can – so that you too, can have whatever you want in life more easily than I did.
I’m going to go more in depth on this 5 year planning process at my free live event on September 30th, 2023 from 9 AM – 12 PM EST. Do not miss it. Bring a friend, your partner or just make sure you attend because I’m going to help guide you through a process that will help you gain more clarity in what you want and to start making it inevitable that you’ll make progress immediately.
Can’t wait to see you there. Go to https://may-empson.mykajabi.com/5years to register!
If you want to take this work even deeper, you’ll love Spiritual Achiever coaching. On September 20th, we’ll dive into creating soul-aligned communities. Don’t miss out and if you want to join, now is the time. We’ll cap off September with a 5 year visioning retreat – and all of these things can be attended from anywhere in the world. If these sound interesting to you, come join the program. I cannot wait to see you there.
Want to know more about what happens when you join?
- When you join Spiritual Achiever® Coaching you’ll be supported for a full year: Career Revelation Academy: A 5-step career change process (if you have a job you want to stay in, I’ll show you how to love it even more) that can launch you into your next career chapter in 30 days.
- 2x/month group training and coaching on Spirituality, Achievement, Earth Energy and Harmony. You’ll know how to design your days for breakthroughs, create a personal brand and community, lead yourself and others through change, become more physically and mentally fit, reduce stress and reinvent what’s possible in this next chapter of your life.
- Discover your Leadership Strengths and Branding Workshop: Increase your awareness of what makes YOU different from others and how to become even better at your genius zone.
- Your Best Year workshop: Create your one year plan and design this next year, no matter what time of the year it is.
- Your Next 5 Years one-day virtual retreat: Vision what’s possible 5 years from now and break out of your old routines so you can step into new habits, behaviors and routines.
- Tickets to all in-person Spiritual Achiever retreats (accommodations not included): Highly immersive and intimate gatherings where we spend time in nature, experience energy work, eat and move well – all while making big decisions and committing to what’s next for us.
- Monthly 1:1 Coaching Sessions: To help you break through obstacles, define your individual path, and to work on both strategy and mindset.
The next step?
Schedule a consultation at www.mayempson.com/contact to get clarity on how coaching can help you on your journey.
Once you’re accepted into the program, you’ll receive a calendar invite for a 2-hour deep dive 1:1 session to map out your personal goals and your own year-long journey.
You’ll have immediate access to the Spiritual Achiever process and philosophy – how to achieve your biggest goals and reinvent your life.
You’ll have immediate access to 5 modules of Career Revelation Academy – to love your career even more and launch that next chapter of your career in 30 days.
You’ll have the calendar invites for the upcoming group calls and retreats.
The next round starts on 9/20.
If this speaks to you, I can’t wait to talk to you live: Enter your details at www.mayempson.com/contact to schedule a consultation.
Reach out at www.mayempson.com/contact for more information on my Spiritual Achiever coaching program. You’ll figure out what’s next and actually go and do it.
If you like this blend of both practicality and mindset, you will love coaching. You can schedule a consultation at www.mayempson.com/contact to learn more about working together and joining this community of like-minded, open and curious seekers. It is the powerful group and private coaching hybrid experience for achievers who want to expand their vision of what’s possible. Twelve months of support, individualized guidance, community and retreats. We will help you build your confidence, trust your intuition and make decisions that you love.
That’s it for this week. Have an amazing one and I’ll talk to you next time.